We at Armoto Ltd are suppliers of high quality electrical and mechanical components for Veteran, Vintage & Classic Bikes and Cars. We are renowned for offering the very best windings and for supplying re-manufactured wound components, such as rotors, stators, armatures, and coils for heavy-duty alternators in the PSV industry for more than 40 years. As an added bonus, we also repair, recondition and remanufacture a wide variety of electro mechanical devices such as alternators, dynamo’s dynastarts and magnetos.
We rewind, repair and recondition components from not just veteran, classic and vintage cars and motorbikes but we also do it for trucks, farm vehicles and stationary engines too. We really are very flexible when it comes to these things.
Our well equipped winding workshop boasts the latest modern computer controlled coil winding machinery that givies us the capability to wind micro coils up to 100kW transformer coils. Our highly skilled armature winders operate armature winding machines as well as hand winding specials. We use numerous techniques for commutator connections such as: TIG, resistance, hot stake and dip solder.
The dynamic balancing machines we use to rewind rotating electrical components include: Hoffman & Jackson, and Bradwell. Our windings are impregnated with polyester or epoxy thermo set resins which are there to guard them against electrical or from mechanical breakdown and moisture ingress.
We have a well equipped machine shop on site that was intitally developed for our own use to provide components to use in our own units. The shop is well equipped with CNC lathes, millers and saws, and is capable of doing small batch production such as: 1-1000 off.
Our reclamation department is fully equipped to perform the vast majority of the preparatory operations required for automotive electrical industry components. This in turn enables us to bulk burnout windings, through to cleaning both small and delicate components. We take great care throughout the whole reclamation process, both with the components and with the environment in mind just to reassure you.
After our early remanufacturing process is completed and the components have passed our standards and quality control procedures, we continue to rewind and refit till it looks new once again with added innovations.
Our reclamation department consists of the following:
- Pollution-controlled oven – This is used for removing varnish and resin from windings and paint and oil.
- Automatic airless shot blaster – This is designed to blast multiple items and to give a uniform and lustrous finish.
- Ultrasonic cleaning tanks – This is used for removing dirt from difficult to reach places, and for cleaning delicate components.
- Multi-stage spray washing machine – It has a 1m3 – 250Kg capacity.
- Solvent wash facilities – This is used for removing oil and grease from small components.
- Paint spray room – This also has stove enamelling facilities too.
FABRICATION & ASSEMBLY
We have an assembly shop capable of assembling electro-mechanical devices which includes: solenoids, valves, servos and actuators, and rotating electrical machines up to 50KW.
Our fabrication facilities include the following:
- Welding – MIG, TIG, gas for ferrous
- Brazing – for copper and brass components
- Pressing – press work up to 14 tons
- Plastic moulding – thermo set compression moulding facilities for slip ring and terminal blocks
AS YOU CAN SEE, WITH ALL OF OUR SERVICES AND PRODUCTS – WE ARE THE NUMBER ONE SUPPLIER IN ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL COMPONENTS IN THE WHOLE OF DERBYSHIRE!!!
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us for more information on any of our services or products – we would love to hear from you! Or you can visit our social media pages to hear about our latest products, news and deals:
Call us today on: 01246 826 667
Email us on: email@example.com
Visit our website: www.armoto.co.uk